Customer / Supplier Exposure
80% of the role is customer exposed
High levels of customer and/or supplier exposure with external projects
English Proficiency Requirement
High levels of English proficiency is expected for this role.
As a project manager, this role is expected to communicate regularly and effectively through both collaboration and project management tools, but also over voice calls.
There are many qualified resources are available to fulfil this role however their competency must be validated thoroughly.
Domain Knowledge Requirement
Project specific domain knowledge is required but a good project manager should not require company domain knowledge necessarily.
Ease of Measurement
Tasks are usually easily measurable and traceable.
An offshored project manager will be able to do the majority of tasks conducted by internal resources in relation to the delivery or internal or external projects.
If you do not have project management methodologies in place, Change Fox can help you to define, document and executive on the implementation of a new, effective methodology. This could be done prior to hiring your project manager, or, as part of the onboarding process.
Specific responsibilities would be identified as part of the recruitment of your new staff member as well as any certification requirements.
Why Offshore This Function?
- Your organisation has and is growing and the day-to-day project managements requirements have become a burden to local staff
- Your projects are not currently being delivered on time or on budget
- Internal promotion or turnover has created resource capacity issues
Top 5 Responsibilities
- Work with internal resources to develop project documentations
- Ensure compliance to project management methodologies
- Identify, record, discuss project risks proactively
- Deliver regular project reviews with stakeholders
- Report on project progress and results