Customer / Supplier Exposure
30% of the role is customer exposed
Low levels of direct customer or supplier exposure is expected for this role
English Proficiency Requirement
Being able to understand, write and speak English is important to this role
Tasks tend to be routine and largely independant. Communications can be achieved through electronic collaboration tools or phone as required.
Many resources are available to fulfil this role
Domain Knowledge Requirement
Low levels of customer specific domain knowledge is required
Ease of Measurement
Tasks are usually easily measurable and correctness is traceable
An offshored software tester will be able to improve the quality of your software through structured and ad-hoc testing cycles.
Specific responsibilities would be identified as part of the recruitment of your new staff member as well as any certification requirements.
Why Offshore This Function?
- Your organisation has and is growing and the day-to-day testing requirements have become a burden to local staff or simply not executed well enough
- You are observing high support costs of delivery due to poor quality releases
- Internal promotion or turnover has created resource capacity issues
Top 5 Responsibilities
- Review and provide feedback on the clarity of user stories and acceptance criteria
- Run mandatory automated test cycles
- Perform ad-hoc and exploratory testing
- Run testing cycles and present findings and reports to project team
- Report bugs in issue tracking software