Customer / Supplier Exposure
10% of the role is customer exposed
Low levels of direct customer or supplier exposure is expected for this role
English Proficiency Requirement
Understanding and communicating in English is important for this role
A system for communicating tasks and requirements should be put in place, however, by its nature, this role will include ad-hoc tasks regularly
Many qualified resources are available to fulfil this role
Domain Knowledge Requirement
Little customer specific domain knowledge is required
Ease of Measurement
IT infrastructure roles can be more difficult to measure outside of uptime reporting
An offshored system administrator will be able to do the majority of tasks conducted by internal resources or external IT services firms in relation to managing your IT infrastructure.
Specific responsibilities would be identified as part of the recruitment of your new staff member as well as any certification requirements.
Why Offshore This Function?
- Your organisation has and is growing and the day-to-day system administration requirements have become a burden to local staff
- You are using expensive external IT service providers for day-to-day system administration functions
- Internal promotion or turnover has created resource capacity issues
Top 5 Responsibilities
- Monitor and maintain IT infrastructure
- Implement standard operating environments for all systems
- Maintain Active Directory and other software licensing
- Provide voice, email and online support to internal resources
- Ensure security policies are implemented and adhered to