An offshored technical support resource will be able to do the majority of tasks conducted by internal resources in relation to providing all levels of support to your customers or internal support needs. The higher the level of support required though, the more focus on delivering training, documentation and repeatable processes to the team.
Specific responsibilities would be identified as part of the recruitment of your new staff member as well as any certification requirements.
Why Offshore This Function?
- Your organisation has and is growing and the day-to-day support requirements have become a burden to local staff
- You are using high-value resources for day-to-day customer support
- Internal promotion or turnover has created resource capacity issues
Top 5 Responsibilities
- Monitor and administer ticket management system and other support channels (phone, email and/or livechat)
- Log tickets according to correct priority and severity
- Update customers or internal resources on the progress of ticket resolutions
- Respond and resolve tickets within service level agreements
- Escalate tickets appropriately based on type, severity and priority