Customer / Supplier Exposure
70% of the role is customer exposed
Engagement with suppliers and government agencies in relation to invoices and payments.
English Proficiency Requirement
Understanding and communicating in English is important for this role
Tasks tend to be routine and largely independent. Communications can be achieved through electronic collaboration tools.
Many qualified accountants or adminstration resources are available to fulfil this role
Domain Knowledge Requirement
Little customer specific domain knowledge is required
Ease of Measurement
Tasks are usually easily measurable and correctness is traceable
An offshored accounts payable will be able to do the majority of tasks conducted by internal resources or external accounting firms in relation to paying suppliers and government agencies.
Specific responsibilities would be identified as part of the recruitment of your new staff member as well as any certification requirements.
Why Offshore This Function?
- Your organisation has and is growing and the day-to-day accounts payable requirements have become a burden to local staff
- You have an inefficient AP process and you are at risk of being black listed by suppliers for failure to pay on time
- Internal promotion or turnover has created resource capacity issues
Top 5 Responsibilities
- Receive and data capture invoices and statements from suppliers
- Ensure compliance with delegation of authorities
- Followup internal resources for approvals
- Prepare and process payments
- Report on AP performance across the organisation