Customer / Supplier Exposure
50% of the role is customer exposed
Low levels of direct customer or supplier exposure is expected for this role
English Proficiency Requirement
Understanding and communicating in English is important for this role
A system for communicating tasks and requirements should be put in place, however, by its nature, this role will include ad-hoc tasks regularly
Many qualified resources are available to fulfil this role
Domain Knowledge Requirement
High levels of customer and business specific domain knowledge is required
Ease of Measurement
Tasks are usually easily measurable and correctness is traceable
An offshored technical writer will be able to work with your software team to better document requirements, success criteria and user/system documentation.
Specific responsibilities would be identified as part of the recruitment of your new staff member as well as any certification requirements.
Why Offshore This Function?
- Your organisation has and is growing and the day-to-day technical writing requirements have become a burden to local staff
- You are effectively ignoring this important aspect of your SDLC currently
- Internal promotion or turnover has created resource capacity issues
Top 4 Responsibilities
- Document software requirements
- Work with business analysts or key stakeholders to document success criteria
- Develop user and/or system documentation
- Write release notes and draft press releases for new software releases