Customer / Supplier Exposure
50% of the role is customer exposed
This role will usually be internal facing, however, there may be customer and supplier exposure through AP and AR processes.
English Proficiency Requirement
Understanding and communicating in English is important for this role. Where external communication is involved, especially with customers, spoken English will need to be specifically recruited for.
Tasks tend to be routine and largely independant. Communications can be achieved through electronic collaboration tools or phone as required.
Many qualified accountants are available to fulfil this role including CPA certified talent.
Domain Knowledge Requirement
Little customer specific domain knowledge is required and where it is required, documentation should be available as part of onboarding.
Ease of Measurement
KPI's are easily measured as the majority of data should be captured in financial systems.
An offshored accountant will be able to do the majority of tasks conducted by internal resources or external accounting firms.
Specific responsibilities would be identified as part of the recruitment of your new staff member as well as any certification requirements such as CPA or CA.
Why Offshore This Function?
- Your organisation has and is growing and the day-to-day accounting requirements have become a burden to local staff
- You are using expensive external accountants for day-to-day accounting functions
- Internal promotion or turnover has created resource capacity issues
Top 5 Responsibilities
- Making payments and keeping the bills paid
- Processing incoming payments
- Make sure everyone gets paid (including the government)
- Preparing financial reports, e.g. P&L, Balance sheets and budgets
- Financial Controls to avoid errors and financial risks