Customer / Supplier Exposure
70% of the role is customer exposed
Engagement with customers in relation to invoices and payments.
English Proficiency Requirement
Understanding and communicating in English is important for this role
Tasks tend to be routine and largely independant. Communications can be achieved through electronic collaboration tools.
Many qualified accountants or adminstration resources are available to fulfil this role
Domain Knowledge Requirement
Little customer specific domain knowledge is required
Ease of Measurement
Tasks are usually easily measurable and correctness is traceable
An offshored accounts receivable resource will be able to do the majority of tasks conducted by internal resources in relation to issuing, following up and transacting customer invoices.
Specific responsibilities would be identified as part of the recruitment of your new staff member as well as any certification requirements.
Why Offshore This Function?
- Your organisation has and is growing and the day-to-day accounting requirements have become a burden to local staff
- You invoice days outstanding is negatively affecting cashflow
- Internal promotion or turnover has created resource capacity issues
Top 5 Responsibilities
- Issuing invoices to customers for products and/or services
- Monitoring expected invoicing and communicating internally on progress of work
- Monitoring invoice days outstanding and issuing reminders and/or warnings as appropriate
- Confirming payments in financial systems
- Report of key AR metrics suchs as days outstanding to management